Audio on Soundcloud!

Audio on Soundcloud.

Now my recordings will be uploaded to the parish Soundcloud account. Here is the address: https://soundcloud.com/stthereselittleflowersb


Also, see what else is happening at our parish: https://littleflowerchurch.org/

Finally, look to the right for links to Audio from other good resources!

Sunday, March 3, 2019

Blind Guides



Audio (9:30am Mass): Click here!

Blind leading the blind.  Driving through a white-out.
Walking in a forest at night.  Night vision.  We need someone else to show us.

I cannot see perfectly either.  I am not a saint.  I do what I can and I trust in God's grace to help me speak not my own wisdom but the Lord's.  Plus, I'm not really old enough to have wisdom yet, am I?

Who are we listening to for advice?  Whose "wisdom" is guiding our lives?  If we aren't conscious about using God's wisdom, we will get inundate with other sources.  Their vision is too narrow!  They don't see things from an eternal lens but only from the lens they have developed.  We need God to help us in our blind spots, even if others can help us with the most obvious areas where we make mistakes.

In this day and age you really need a prolonged period of silence to hear God's voice.  Or at least you need a Bible! and the Catechism.  and the writings of the saints.

Doctors of the Church, or other saints - they are the ones with night vision.

Lenten practices.  What are you going to do?  I still haven't finalized my choices.  Bishop Rhoades has written a Lenten message to the diocese, reminding us that giving up chocolate is not important if we have recurring sins that we need to root out - he especially focuses on sins of our speech.  Regardless of what we need to work on, it is true that we cannot allow Lent to simply be a cookie-cutter process or a go-with-the-flow exercise.  We should really try to discover, with God's help and guidance, what He really wants us to do and how we really need to grow.  Don't let me tell you what to do.  I'm not wise or holy enough to do that - maybe someday.  You should let God show you.  Ask Him to guide you and reveal it to you.

I can give guidelines from the wisdom of the church.  In fact, from Jesus.

Prayer.
Fasting.
Almsgiving.

Little Black books.

No comments:

Post a Comment